Maël Brunet - Resume / CV
🖨️ This page is optimised for print️, click here to print it or export it as a pdf.
🌐 This document is also available as a web page at https://www.maelbrunet.com/resume
I feel that a good user interface is like a joke : you shouldn't have to explain it. I value simplicity and intuitiveness over complex and overly engineered solutions.
I see open communication, empathy and inclusivity as the essential parts of a well-functioning team.
Looking for keywords ? I have project experience with the following tools and technologies :
I joined the Keytrade team to help build their Design System, serving multiple React-based projects developed across multiple teams. My responsibilities include :
- Develop and deploy components to our internal npm repository.
- Maintain the documentation of components using Storybook.
- Help drive adoption of the shared components with good communication, clear versioning, ...
I joined Isabel Group as a front-end developer and UI specialist. Isabel Group is Belgium's largest fintech, providing banking services like Isabel 6, Zoomit and CodaBox to companies of all sizes. Part of a small team reporting directly to the CTO, I worked on a variety of projects, including :
- I created and maintained a design system to share UI components across multiple projects, based on Vue, Storybook and npm packages.
- I launched and lead a UI "Community of Practice", gathering designers and developers from all teams within the group on a regular basis to share experiences and best practices.
I joined Emakina as a front-end developer, where I worked on a range of different technologies and frameworks for some great brands like Ouibus, D'Ieteren, Deutsche Bank, Federale Assurance, ... Notable projects I was involved with include :
- A complete redesign of the Federale Assurance website, running on a new platform and including an application to find the nearest Federale office. I was the lead front-end developer on this project.
- A new online banking web app for Deutsche Bank Belgium, providing a much improved user experience. I worked on some of the UI design and HTML / CSS for this project.
I was policy officer and webmaster for OpenForum Europe (OFE), a not-for-profit industry organisation aiming to accelerate and broaden the use of Open Source Software among businesses, consumers and governments.
Master II in Political Science
Bachelor of Arts in Politics, Philosophy and Economics
- French (native)
- English (bilingual)
- Dutch (beginner)
- Spanish (intermediate)