Résumé / Curriculum Vitae
🖨️ This page is optimised for print️, feel free to print it out or export it to PDF if that's your thing.
This document is also available as a web page at https://www.maelbrunet.com/resume
I believe that a good user interface is like a joke : you shouldn't have to explain it. I value simplicity and intuitiveness over fancy and overly engineered interfaces. I love working with prototypes to validate hypothesis and iterate rapidly, as well as design systems to build consistent UI at scale.
I see open communication, empathy and inclusivity as the essential components of a well-functioning team. For more information about myself, head over to the about page.
Do you like keywords ? I have project experience with the following tools and technologies :
I joined Isabel Group as a front-end developer and UI specialist. Isabel Group is Belgium's largest fintech, providing banking services like Isabel 6, Zoomit and CodaBox to companies of all sizes. Part of a small team reporting directly to the CTO, I work on a variety of projects, including :
- I created and maintained a design system to share UI components across multiple projects, based on Vue, Storybook and npm packages.
- I launched and lead a UI 'Community of Practice', gathering designers and developers from all teams within the group on a regular basis to share experiences and best practices.
I was working as a front-end developer at Emakina, part of one of the top three independent full-service digital agency groups in Europe. I worked on a range of different technologies and frameworks for some great brands like Ouibus, D'Ieteren, Deutsche Bank, Federale Assurance, ... Notable projects I was involved with include :
- A complete redesign of the Federale Assurance website, running on a new platform and including an application to find the nearest Federale office. I was the lead front-end developer on this project.
- A new online banking web app for Deutsche Bank Belgium, providing a much improved user experience. I worked on some of the UI design and HTML / CSS for this project.
I was policy officer and webmaster for OpenForum Europe (OFE), a not-for-profit industry organisation aiming to accelerate and broaden the use of Open Source Software among businesses, consumers and governments. In 2013, I joined the board of directors as Director of European policy.
- I lead and helped to grow the team in the Brussels office. I started as the only person working there, and by 2016 the team had grown to 4 people on contract, plus an intern.
- I designed and developed a new website for OFE from scratch using a custom WordPress theme, including the migration of content from the old website running on Plone.
- Starting from 2015, I created and maintained a monthly newsletter in support of OFE's new online communication strategy.
- French (native)
- English (bilingual)
- Dutch (beginner)
- Spanish (intermediate)
Master II in Political Science
Bachelor of Arts in Politics, Philosophy and Economics